SPEED (Small Producers Energy Efficiency Deployment) is a program that builds on the ESB Program. Its goal is to lessen the environmental impact of small and medium-sized oil and gas companies by implementing cost-effective emissions reduction solutions. SPEED will speed the deployment of proven, commercially available technology upgrades that reduce costs and emissions by expanding eligibility and adding new measure types. Oil and gas facilities controlled under Technology Innovation and Emissions Reduction (TIER), opted-in to TIER, or not currently opted-in under the regulation can now participate in SPEED.
Parties interested in applying to SPEED should read these SPEED Participant Terms and Conditions first; eligibility, project selection, and other processes in SPEED may differ from those in the existing ESB Program. Energy Savings for Business is being expanded by ERA’s Small Producers Energy Efficiency Deployment (SPEED) financing. It assists qualifying Alberta oil and gas producers in reducing greenhouse gas emissions and creating jobs. SPEED will speed the deployment of proven upgrades that help firms lower operating costs and become more competitive, increasing economic recovery, thanks to extended eligibility and different technology types.
SPEED enables businesses to quickly access up to $1 million in cost-effective energy and cost-saving technology incentives.
Deadline: The deadline to apply is Monday, May 9, 2022, at 5 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (UTC-7h).
What Are Eligible Technologies?
SPEED improves access for oil and gas companies by providing incentives for new measure categories in addition to the 60 commercially available technology types now available through Energy Savings for Business:
- Controllers for the Air-Fuel Ratio
- Engines with a High-Efficiency Rating
- Pump Electrification of Jack
By including facilities regulated under Technology Innovations and Emission Reduction (TIER), opted-in to TIER, or are not currently opted-in under the regulation, the new funding stream allows the oil and gas sector to participate more fully.
*Please note that a $10,000 incentive request is required.
What Are Eligible Businesses?
Participation is open to any oil and gas facilities with a facility code and an Operational Status of Active (Petrinex or similar). Projects must take place in Alberta and be operated, owned, or leased by the Participant and meet project timing requirements and adhere to the Participant Terms and Conditions.
How to Apply?
1. Create an account on the SPEED Portal: When you’re ready, go to the right column of the page and select the “Register/Login” button. You’ll need to sign up as a participant and choose a vendor or engineering firm to work with as a contractor. They’ll need to register as well if they haven’t already.
See the For Contractors page for further information if you’re a contractor, vendor, or engineering firm.
2. Prepare yourself: See the Participant Terms & Conditions and Guidelines and download the Application checklist(s) for appropriate measures.
- Participant Terms and Conditions
- Eligible Measures List
- Online Pre-project Application Instruction
- Contractor Code of Conduct
- Cost Quote Template
- Work Plan Template
3. Get your application started: You’ll be able to start and choose the technologies for your project once you’ve received registration confirmation. Application Assist is a free application support service that will walk you through the process. Don’t be afraid to ask for help from the team.
4. Fill out and submit your application: The application can be prepared in the system by you or your vendor, but the Participant must submit it by clicking the attestation. The deadline for applications is Monday, May 9, 2022, at 5 p.m. Mountain Daylight Savings Time (UTC-7h). Please remember that applications are not judged on a first-come, first-served basis. Instead, applications are assessed based on the accompanying paperwork. An application will be assessed if it is submitted by the Application Deadline. As a result, focusing on a quality application rather than a rapid application submission is encouraged.
5. Review, Evaluation, and Funding of Applications: We plan to notify successful initiatives in June 2022, once all of the projects have been examined (the date may change depending on the Applications submitted). You will receive a Funding Decision Notification if you are successful. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified, with the option to request comments.
6. Project construction and post-implementation: After you’ve completed and submitted your Participant Acceptance, you’ll have up to ten months to finish and submit your post-project application.
7. Payment and confirmation of the project: ERA will review and approve the post-project paperwork. Some projects may require a virtual or in-person site visit as part of the assessment and verification process. The process of conducting a site visit is also covered in the Guidelines. Payment will be started and finished once the information has been validated. Please see the SPEED Guidelines for further information about the application procedure.
Leave a Reply