up to $2,000
Who is Eligible:
Residential owner with new construction and built in FortisBC's electricity
This Program, in collaboration with BC Hydro Power Smart, encourages customers to build energy-efficient homes (to ENERGY STAR standards). Incentives are available for the construction of new single family homes, row homes, duplexes and townhouses. Customers who achieve an EnerGuide 82® rating are eligible to receive a whole home rebate of up to $2,000.
Steps to Get this Rebate:
Option 1: whole home
1. Before construction begins, contact your FortisBC natural gas energy solutions manager or electricity energy advisor to put you in touch with an energy advisor. Your advisor will help you in the design and planning stage, and support you along the way to help you achieve an ENERGY STAR certified home.
2. Review the terms and conditions.
3. Complete a pre-construction, mid-construction (if required) and completion consultation with your energy advisor.
4. Your energy advisor will submit your application on your behalf within six months of the issuance of the building occupancy permit.
5. If your project is a laneway house (EnerGuide 82), complete the EnerGuide 82 application.
Option 2: high-efficiency natural gas appliances
1. Review the terms and conditions.
2. Install qualifying appliances by March 31, 2018.
3. Submit your completed and signed application along with copies of purchase invoices which include the purchase date and make and model numbers of appliances. Note: if applying for rebates for a multi-family unit, please use the bulk application form.
4. Email your application and supporting documents to email@example.com. If you qualify, we’ll mail you the rebate. Please allow up to 90 days to process
When the Rebate Ends: