The Canadian Quebec immigrant investor program allows business entrepreneurs to passively manage financial trading in the province without their active involvement. Eligible business-minded personnel must invest $1.2 million into government-guaranteed schemes designed to obtain permanent Residency in the French-speaking Quebec region of Canada. It is imperative that individuals need go through strict security and health check before being issued any permit for residence.
Applicants Who Are Eligible for This Program
- Individuals who have legally declared wealth approximating $2 million
- Two years of business experience before applying for the application
- Interested in investing $1.2 million in government-guaranteed investments for five years without looking for interests
- Having the intention of settling down in the Quebec region of Canada.
How Are the Applicants Judged on Their Net Worth for the Program?
- Applicants need to determine their net value of existing assets along with the documents that state their financial worth from the start of their career.
- Applicants are spared from declaring their net value above $2 million.
- Their legally acquired $2 million will be determined by their bank statements, real estate estimates, financial audits, and investor booklets.
- Donations, employment history, inheritance, and local market conditions will also determine their eligibility.
The Quebec region is looking for active investors and individuals who display business acumen; hence, individuals merely owning a business may not qualify. The individual must be a professional when it comes to handling tough deals.
Why Should Investors Desire to Settle in the Quebec Region to Apply for This Program?
This program is designed significantly for experienced investors who wish to realize net profits in the Quebec Region of Canada. They have to be able to invest C$1,200,000 with a Quebec intermediary.
Applicants to the Québec Immigration Investor Program receive points based on six factors according to the Québec Economic Category selection grid for the program. A minimum pass mark of 40 points is required, and the mandatory 10 points and 25 points for managerial experience and financial investment, respectively, must be met.
Quebec Immigrant Investor Program candidates are judged based on constituents that include education level/areas of grooming, experience in management, age, language proficiency in French or English, stay and family in Quebec, and the Investment Agreement. The maximum number of points awarded is 94 points for applicants whether or not they have a spouse or common-law partner.
Applicants who meet the minimum management experience and financial investment requirements will only need five additional points to obtain the pass mark of 40.
It may be achieved if candidates meet only one of the following requirements:
- A post-secondary technical degree with OR two years of full-time education (value: 6 points)
- Bachelor’s degree attesting to two years of full-time education (value: 6 points)
After reviewing their application, candidates in the Quebec Investment Program may be invited to a screening interview.
Advantages of the Quebec Investor Program
- Without risk investment for permanent Residency: When business investors put the efforts of creating an offshore investment of C$1,200,000 with the government of Quebec, it produces guaranteed returns after five years.
- Being a Passive manager: The investor doesn’t have to be active after the said financial payment. The Quebec region government uses all of the money for projects that benefit the community.
- Family status elevated: It is not only the investor but his whole family that achieves permanent status with this immigrant investor program.
- Permanent Residency guaranteed: Along with the PR status, the investor and his family will enjoy all facilities like a regular Canadian citizen. It includes free education, advanced and fully supported health care, access to the best universities, and more.
How Does the Inventiveness Québecois Play an Essential Role in the Immigrant Investor Program?
Candidates selected by the government program are referred to Inventiveness Québecois to make investments for five years. When this period ends, the capital shall be repaid with no interest. This specified period begins with issuing the selection certificate, even before the applicant is landed in Canada. The income from the investment is used to finance various social and business programs in Quebec.
The Québec Investor Program allows applicants to fund most of their investments through listed securities dealers and investment banks. Funding arrangements usually require a down payment before the bank lends the balance up to $1.2 million. The claimant then submits the amount to Inventiveness Québecois. The down payment is not repaid at the end of the 5-year term. The bank deducts the fees and interest from the deposit; the immigration agent deducts the commissions from the deposit. The net cost for the investor is the advance payment.
Eligible Criteria for Investments in the Following Sectors
- Advanced Information Technology
- Call Centres
- Aquaculture, sea farming
- Recycling and waste recovery
- Environment Restoration
- Aeronautics, airspace, and biotechnology
How Does Inventiveness Québecois Allow Immigrant Investors With Their Projects?
The financial firm offers a non-repayable contribution that allows additional liquidity. It contributes around $40,000 to $250,000 for businesses to grow. It also provides financial funding up to 10% for small firms and 15% for start-up firms. The financial assistance for businesses between $300,000 to $400,000 is estimated at around $40,000.
To avail of this facility, the immigrant business applicants must have these criteria:
- The company must have a consolidated value of less than $35 million.
- Business value must be estimated at $300,000 and $270,000 for start-up firms
- Maximum duration up to two years
- In case the file has been submitted while the business is in progress, then expenses incurred in the 12 months preceding the application will be considered eligible.
How to Apply?
The following procedure must be established by the applicants:
- Contacting any financial intermediary or consulting with an Investissement Québec advisor.
- The consultants will then draw a feasible plan of action for the applicant based on financial research and figures.
- The financial intermediary will then submit the well documented and supported application through proper channels to Investissement Québec. The firm will then review the application and contact the immigrant investor.
To Sum It Up
The Immigrant Investor Program is an advantageous opportunity for business entrepreneurs who are non-eligible via other skilled categories to obtain permanent residency in Canada. Each year this program opens to a limited number of applications that can be considered for the Quebec Immigrant investor program. It is focused on enabling new businesses to profit in the French-speaking region with the support of a local business incubator. Entrepreneurs should submit a fully supported and legal application while applying for this program.