Type of Incentive
Who Is Eligible
City of Toronto Residents
30 cents per litre of water saved
The City of Toronto’s Capacity Buy Back program encourages and rewards commercial and institutional organizations that reduce water use.
This program offers a one-time cash rebate of up to 30 cents per litre of water saved per average day.
Steps to Apply
1. Contact the City of Toronto by email at [email protected] (or call 416-392-7000) to express your interest in learning more about or participating in the Capacity Buy Back program.
2. You will be contacted to discuss your eligibility and options.If you meet the criteria, we’ll arrange for a water audit at your organization by a professional engineer.
3. We will work with you to complete a thorough walkthrough and review of your organization.Based on this visit, an engineer will develop a detailed water audit report that will include a list of eligible process or equipment changes your organization can make and estimate the savings you can expect.View a sample audit report (PDF).
4. Review the report and execute some or all of the water saving recommendations.
5. Once you have implemented some or all of your water efficiency measures, please fill out the Notice of Completion form and email it to [email protected] will then contact you to arrange for a site visit to verify the savings. If you don?t implement all of your recommendations at once, simply complete and submit the form after each measure is completed.
6. After each verification we’ll present your organization with a cheque for up to 30 cents per litre of water saved per average day.
For More Information