up to $200
Who is Eligible:
Eligible seniors aged 65 and over may receive a subsidy to encourage their support, namely:
-$ 100 per dwelling unit or dwelling unit occupied by at least one person aged 65 or over who acts as tenant or owner or
-$ 200 per dwelling unit or dwelling unit occupied by at least one person 65 years of age or over who acts as a tenant or owner and who benefits from the Guaranteed Income Supplement paid by the Government of Canada under the Old Age Security
Steps to Get this Rebate:
1. Please register on your computer the grant application form to help support people aged 65 and over (PDF, 884 KB) on your computer.
2. Open the saved document on your computer.
3. Fill out the registration form and print it out.
4. Attach the following documents to your form:
-A legible photocopy of 2 pieces of identification (cards or documents
-A copy of a monthly invoice (electricity, telephone, cable, etc.) indicating your name, address and covering the billing period of May 1 , 2016.
-For a $ 200 application , you must enclose a copy of the T4A (OAS) slip provided by the Canada Revenue Agency or confirmation of receipt of the Guaranteed Income Supplement
-If you are a tenant, a certificate signed by your landlord confirming the period of occupancy of an eligible dwelling. Section B of the form includes this certificate.
5. Mail to the address in the block no later than April 30, 2017. For more information (right column)
When the Rebate Ends:
Call: Call: 450 978-5700
Department 1333 Chomedey Boulevard , Suite 101
PO Box 422
St Martin Branch
Laval, Quebec H7V 3Z4
Web Address: Support For Persons Aged 65 And Over