Who is Eligible:
Real Property Transferee
You may be eligible for this refund if:
- You were ineligible for a First-time Home Buyers Exemption at the time you registered your deed of conveyance because you didn’t meet the residency requirements; and
- You have lived in the real property as your principal residence for at least 183 days immediately after the date you register your deed of conveyance.
- You paid transfer tax based on the assessed value of the property and the assessed value has been revised by Real Property Services Section.
Steps to Get this Rebate:
1. Fill out a Request for Refund of Real Property Transfer Tax form and send it to the Taxation and Property Records Division.
2. If you are applying as a First Time Home Buyer, you must also include a notarized Declaration – First-time Home Buyers form.
When the Rebate Ends:
Call: (902) 368-4070
Address: Jones Building, Charlottetown
Leave a Reply