up to $16,000
Who is Eligible:
Person with a disability
The purpose of the Home Adaptation Program is to enable a person with a disability to perform daily activities in his or her home and thereby promote home support. It provides financial assistance to the homeowner for eligible adaptation work that meets the needs of the person with a disability.
Steps to Get this Rebate:
1. Obtain the Enrollment form at the local community service center ( CLSC ) closest to you or at the SHQ. Once the form has been completed, send it to the SHQ with the necessary supporting documents. If you are a tenant, first consult with your landlord about whether he is willing to accommodate your accommodation and ask him to complete the part of the form that applies to him.
2. The SHQ then sends your registration at the same time to your healthcare institution, which is responsible for producing the report of the occupational therapist and to your municipality or RCM.
3. A representative of your municipality or RCM will visit your home and list the eligible work based on the occupational therapist’s recommendations.
4. The homeowner must obtain one or more bids from contractors who have the appropriate license from the Régie du bâtiment du Québec.
5. The owner must await the authorization of the municipality or the RCM before having the work done.
6. The landlord will receive financial assistance once the work is completed and the municipality or RCM has verified that they have been completed as agreed.
When the Rebate Ends: