If your household qualifies as low income, you can get a forgivable loan through the Simcoe County Homeownership Program.
10% down payment assistance
Who is Eligible:
Low-to-moderate income renter households
The Homeownership Program aims to assist low-to-moderate income renter households, in Simcoe County, to purchase an affordable home by providing 10% down payment assistance in the form of a forgivable loan. A percentage of available funding will be designated for applicants currently living in Social Housing or those who self-identify as Aboriginal households. Self-identified Aboriginal households also have the opportunity to access an alternative homeowner assistance program Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services, although applicants cannot access both programs.
Steps to Get this Rebate:
1. Mortgage Pre-Approval – Please contact a mortgage broker, trust company, credit union, bank or other qualified lender of your choice to apply for a no cost mortgage pre-approval.
2. For Homeownership Application details, click here.
3. For Homeownership Brochure, click here.
4. Required Attachments – Review your application carefully to ensure all requested supporting documentation is attached. Applications that are incomplete or missing required documentation will be returned.
5. Submit Application – Applications can be submitted in person or by mail to the following address:
County of Simcoe
Social Housing Department
1110 Hwy. 26 West
Midhurst, ON L0L 1X0
How to Get More Money:
Check out these additional Ontario grants & rebates: