Who is Eligible:
Alectra Utilities (formerly PowerStream), working in conjunction with the public libraries in Aurora, Barrie, Markham, Richmond Hill and Vaughan, offer a program which puts household energy measurement into the hands of residential and low volume customers.
Through Alectra Utilities’ Watt Reader Loan Program, a device that measures appliance electricity loads or a hand-held power monitoring device with in-home display can now be borrowed for a specified period of time from any of the public libraries located within the seven municipalities. The lending program offers a simple and expense-free way for customers to get a “read” on the amount of electricity used throughout their home in real-time.
Steps to Get this Rebate:
1. Visit https://www.powerstream.ca/energy-savings/watt-reader-loan-program.html
When the Rebate Ends:
- www.library.aurora.on.ca or 905-727-9493
- Markham Public Libraries:www.markham.ca/mpl or 905-513-7977
- New Tecumseth Public Library: www.ntpl.ca or 705-435-5651
- Bibliothéque Publique de Penetanguishene Public Library: www.penetanguishene.library.on.ca or 705-549-7164
- Richmond Hill Public Libraries: www.rhpl.richmondhill.on.ca or 905-884-9288
- Vaughan Public Libraries:www.vaughanpl.com or 905-653-READ (7323)
Web Address: Watt Reader Loan Program website