Get up to $1,700 rebate for sump pump installation Ottawa to protect your home against flooding!
Who is Eligible:
City of Ottawa homeowners
The Residential Protective Plumbing Program (RPPP) provides financial assistance to qualified City of Ottawa property owners for the installation of protective plumbing devices, such as sump pumps and storm and sanitary backwater valves to prevent water and sewage from flooding homes as a result of increased water level (surcharging) in the City’s sewer system.
Steps to Get this Rebate:
1. Submit Part 1 of Application: Download Part 1 of the application or obtain a form from your nearest City of Ottawa Client Service Centre. Application can be sent via e-mail at [email protected] or mail to the Residential Protective Plumbing Program Public Works and Environmental Services Department City of Ottawa, 951 Clyde Avenue, Ottawa, ON K1Z 5A6
2. Part 1 Application Review: The City will review your application and will contact you regarding the status of your application, next steps and assigned RPPP file number.
3. Once the application is approved, contact your contractor to arrange for a Closed-Circuit Television CCTV Inspection.
4. A site visit is required to confirm the protective plumbing work required.
5. Once the site visit is complete, you will be contacted to confirm the status of the proposed work and next steps.
6. Contact your contractor to arrange for the installation of the approved protective plumbing devices.
8. The City will review the application and notify the applicant(s) of the status of the rebate. Processing time depends on the volume of applications received. Once approved, a rebate cheque will be issued and mailed to the applicant(s) within eight to 10 weeks.
When the Rebate Ends:
Call: 3-1-1, TTY: 613-580-2401
Mail Address: Residential Compassionate Grant program
City of Ottawa, Environmental Services Department, 951 Clyde Avenue, Ottawa ON K1Z 5A6
How to Get More Money:
Check out these additional Ontario grants & rebates: