The Foreign Artist Tours component of Arts Across Canada helps non-profit arts groups in Canada distribute exhibitions and tour artists worldwide, giving Canadians new experiences and different cultures. This component provides support to Canadian arts groups who wish to bring in foreign artists and helps with the costs of accommodation, transportation, and other necessary expenses. The program also advises on making the most of these cultural exchanges.
The Foreign Artist Tours component of Arts Across Canada is a great way to help non-profit arts groups in Canada bring in artists worldwide and help with accommodation, transportation, and other necessary expenses. With the support of this program, Canadian arts groups can create cultural exchanges that Canadians from all walks of life will enjoy.
What Activities Are Eligible?
Projects including the following are eligible for funding:
- The circulation or touring of work by foreign artists, groups, or organizations to at least two distinct cities, towns, rural areas, or reservations in Canada, with at least two consecutive performances, presentations, or exhibitions
Activities that occur before the deadline, get support from another Canada Council program, or are on the general list of ineligible activities are not eligible.
Who Is Eligible to Apply?
The following are probable candidates for this component: creative organizations are all examples of festivals, presenters, and touring networks.
The approved profile produced in the portal determines your eligibility to apply to this component. This component is open to organizations currently receiving core (operational) funds.
You must follow the below-mentioned process to submit your application for this grant:
- Step 1: To apply for funds, you must first create an account and at least one applicant profile.
- Step 2: Staff from the Canada Council will check your application profile to ensure that you are qualified to apply for the programs. Once this is completed, you will receive an email notification (this may take 15 business days).
- Step3: You can start applying to programs using your application profile after being validated. Before you apply, read the guidelines and look at the application form.
- Step 4: Your application will be evaluated using weighted assessment criteria by a committee of peers or Canada Council program officers.
- Step 5: If your grant application is approved, you will receive information about award payments, terms, conditions, and your application’s results.
- Step 6: You must report on the results if you have received a grant.
You can receive Up to $75,000.
Travel costs within Canada, including:
- accommodation and per diem
- additional shipping or baggage costs directly related to your activity
How Are Decisions Determined in the Assessment Process?
Your application to Arts Across Canada’s Foreign Artists Tours component will be evaluated on the following weighted criteria by a peer assessment committee representing a discipline or group of disciplines. It must receive a minimum score in each category to be selected for a grant:
50 percent for artistic merit (minimum score of 35 out of 50)
- The aesthetic merit of the chosen work
- The project’s creative logic concerning your organization’s mission and intended audience
30 percent impact (minimum score of 15 out of 30)
- The project’s potential to increase public appreciation of the arts in Canada.
20 percent feasibility (minimum score of 10 out of 20)
- Your and your partners’ ability and experience to complete the project.
- An appropriate budget.
- 27 April 2022
- 7 December 2022