Are you a small business owner? If so, you know that running your own business can be challenging. But it can also be rewarding, and there are plenty of resources available to help you succeed. One such resource is the Small Business Program offered by Save on Energy. Save on Energy incentives of up to $2,000 for qualified lighting equipment and up to $2,500 for eligible non-lighting equipment can help your business grow.
The Save on Energy Small Business program aims to assist small businesses in Ontario with no-cost equipment upgrades to minimize their energy consumption. This new and enhanced program builds on the success of the previous Small Business Lighting program by providing small businesses with direct-install incentives in a broader selection of equipment, both lighting, and non-lighting. An investment in energy-efficient equipment modifications will improve the customer experience, employee satisfaction, and your bottom line. You will save time and money when you join the Small Business program.
Why Should You Apply for this Program?
There are many reasons to apply for the Save on Energy Small Business Program. First, you’ll save money on your energy bills. Second, you’ll be helping the environment by reducing your energy consumption. Third, you’ll improve your business operations with new and more efficient equipment. Finally, you’ll be doing your part to support Ontario’s economy.
Following are the key benefits of this program:
- Lower electricity bills- Save on Energy offers small businesses direct-install incentives in a broader selection of energy-efficient equipment. It will help you save money on your monthly electricity bills.
- Reduced maintenance and operating costs – Energy-efficient equipment typically lasts longer and requires less maintenance than older, less-efficient models.
- Increased employee comfort and productivity- Employees working in comfortable environments are more productive.
- Improved customer experience- Customers appreciate businesses that make energy efficiency a priority.
- Support for Ontario’s economy- When small businesses succeed, it helps to strengthen Ontario’s economy.
Read more: Ontario Renovation Grants
Who Are Eligible?
The following requirements must be satisfied to become eligible for this program:
- Businesses with a workforce of fewer than 50 employees.
- Certain modifications may be available to participants in the previous Save on Energy Small Business Lighting program, Refrigeration Efficiency program, Business Refrigeration Incentive program, and RTUsaver program.
- Businesses that took part in a Save on Energy program before 2016 are allowed to apply again.
This Is How it Goes
The Small Business Program is a straightforward way to boost your company’s energy efficiency. The following is how it works:
- To schedule a free on-site inspection to find energy-efficiency options for your business, including lighting, refrigeration, and smart thermostat changes, call 1-833-825-7283 or fill out this form.
- Following the assessment, you will be given free choices for energy-saving modifications that can be placed in your business. You will be emailed a participant agreement and work order to review and sign if you choose to proceed.
- Save on Energy delivery partners will handle the entire installation procedure for you, from finding a competent contractor to obtaining quotations, scheduling installations, and even project management of the retrofit and clean-up.
Is there a Fee to Take Part?
Receiving an assessment and having qualified lighting upgrades of up to $2,000 and non-lighting upgrades of up to $2,500 are both free.
If you want to install additional upgrades that cost more than the $2,000 for lighting and $2,500 for non-lighting, you will be responsible for the total cost of the upgrades, including installation. Please see the Eligible Measures List given on the official portal for details on all of the Small Business Program’s potential incentives.
Who Chooses What Upgrades I’m Allowed to Make?
Save on Energy professionals will conduct a free assessment of your business to find all qualified upgrades. After the assessment and before the improvements are installed, you will have the chance to examine these upgrades and agree to or reject any.
So, What Happens to My Old Gear?
You consent to have your old equipment removed and disposed of by qualified Save on Energy staff when you agree to have upgrades offered via the Small Business Program installed at your business. Your old equipment will be decommissioned, and any potentially hazardous materials will be recycled or properly disposed of in compliance with legal regulations. Your previous equipment may need to be updated to install the upgrade in some circumstances. For instance, we may enhance your refrigerator by replacing the fan motor, and we can upgrade your lighting while keeping the original fixtures.