Value of removing old refrigerator from your home
Type of Product
Who Is Eligible
Get your old refrigerator picked up and disposed of for free. They’ll even haul it out of your basement!
You can also get your window air conditioner, and small fridges/freezers picked up – but only if your primary appliance to be picked up is a large fridge or freezer.
Steps to Get This Rebate:
To qualify, you must have at least one appliance as shown in the “primary appliance” category below. If you have at least one “primary appliance,” then we will also pick up window air conditioners and dehumidifiers.
Primary appliance: Full-sized refrigerators and full-sized freezers must be:
- between 10-27 cubic feet
- in working condition (plugged in 24 hrs prior to pick up)
- 15 years of age or older.
Secondary appliance: Window air conditioners and dehumidifiers must be:
- in working condition
- 10 years of age or older
- window air conditioners must be removed from the window prior to pick up and placed near a power source.
When the Rebate Ends:
For More Information:
- You can click here for a fast and easy way to book your appointment online.
- You can call the Ontario Power Authority?s Customer Contact Centre at 1-877-797-9473. The call centre is open Monday to Saturday 8 a.m.- 8 p.m. to schedule your pick up appointment.