1. What is this website all about?
ShowMeTheGreen.ca is a one-stop-shop for Canadian grants and rebates for home improvements.
We have over one hundred government and corporate grants and rebates on our site, and the list is growing every month.
2. What can I do on this site?
- Search for rebates for specific home improvements (for example, if you’re upgrading your furnace, click on “Furnaces” on the homepage. Or you can use the search box at the top of each web page).
- Save your favourites and either print them off or save them on your computer. To do this, just click on the “Save to Favorites” button beside each rebate title. When you’re finished, click on “Show Favorites” and you’ll be given the option to print as a PDF document, or save to your computer.
- Ask questions about, and share your tips on, specific rebate programs. Have you applied for a particular government rebate, and have advice you’d like to share with others? Share your tips in the “Leave a Comment” section at the bottom of each web page.
3. Where do you get all of this information on grants and rebates?
From a lot of Canadian government and corporate websites! We spend a lot of time trolling through those websites, so we’ve become pretty good at “following the money”.
4. What kind of grants and rebates are on ShowMeTheGreen.ca?
For government rebates, everything from natural gas furnaces to solar heating systems to insulation. For corporate rebates, there are rebates for products like natural gas furnaces, water-efficient toilets, and compact fluorescent lightbulbs (those twirly bulbs).
If a Canadian government department or company offers a rebate related to home improvements, we have it!
5. How can I submit a grant/rebate to your site?
No problem – we’d love to hear from you. Just email admin at showmethegreen.ca. We’ll get back to you within a day.