Who is Eligible:
Low-income senior or a low-income person with a disability
This program offers a water rebate if you are a low-income senior or a low-income person with a disability who consumes less than 400 cubic meters (m³) of water each year.
Steps to Get this Rebate:
1. You must apply every year by the deadline date.
2. Your property tax account must be paid in full for prior year billings. It is recommended that tax accounts be up to date for the current year to avoid late payment charges.
3. Your utility account must be paid in full to avoid loss of discount and further collection action and fees, including being added to the tax account.
4. The applicant and/or their spouse must have owned and occupied their property as their principal residence for one year or more before the application deadline.
4. Each owner or their spouse must meet the eligibility criteria in order to qualify for the program.
5. The total income of the owner(s) and their spouse(s) is used to determine the amount of Household Income.
6. The age requirements must be met by December 31 of the taxation year.
7. If you are applying as a senior for the first time, proof of age, such as a driver's license, may be required.
8. If you qualify for the programs, the amount of the deferral, cancellation or water rebate will be applied to your account.
9. Only one application per household can be made each year.
When the Rebate Ends:
311, Within city limits
416-392-2489, Outside city limits
416-392-0719, TTY customers only