up to $12,000
Who is Eligible:
The purpose of the RénoRégion Program is to provide financial assistance for low-income owner-occupants in rural areas to enable them to have work done on their homes to correct major defects.
It is administered by the Société d'habitation du Québec, which has entrusted the application of the program to regional county municipalities (MRCs) and certain municipalities. The Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation may also contribute.
Steps to Get this Rebate:
1. A certified inspector visits the home, prepares a list of the eligible work and draws up the specifications.
2. The owner-occupant must then:
a. Obtain one or more bids from contractors, based on the specifications
b. Submit the chosen contractor’s bid to the municipality or MRC
3. The municipality or MRC issues the owner-occupant a certificate of eligibility showing the amount of financial assistance that may be granted.
4. The owner-occupant may begin the work once the certificate of eligibility has been received.
5. When the work is complete, a representative of the municipality or MRC determines whether it meets the specifications and submits a report to the municipality or MRC. If everything is in order, the financial assistance is granted to the owner-occupant.
When the Rebate Ends: