$1 per watt installed
Who is Eligible:
This Program is aimed at customers who would like to displace their own energy needs with solar energy. Incentives are available to all residential, commercial, and industrial customers, under the following conditions:
-Customers will receive $1 per watt installed (as per the DC rating of the solar PV system);
-System size is minimum 1 kW, maximum 200 kW;
-Incentive will be limited by the annual load displacement requirement of the site;
-Incentive is paid at the end of the project, once the PV system is installed and passes inspection.
Steps to Get this Rebate:
1. Submit your completed documents.
2. We will pre-approve your applications.
3. A certified electrical contractor must install your solar photovoltaic system.
4. Make changes to your existing service.
5. Once installed, the solar PV system must pass electrical inspection.
6. After your system has passed inspection, we will contact you. You must sign an Electric Service Agreement and pay for a bi-directional meter at a Manitoba Hydro district office. Our district staff will then arrange for the installation of a bi-directional meter.
7. To receive payment, the following completion documents are required:
-Solar Energy Program Completion Declaration (PDF, 200 KB);
-copy of documentation indicating the installation has passed electrical inspection;
-paid invoices OR contractor invoice (if participating in the Residential Earth Power Loan).
8. An incentive cheque will be mailed to you or applied to your Residential Earth Power Loan.
When the Rebate Ends: