up to $2,750
Who is Eligible:
Homeowners who are interested in improving the energy and water efficiency of their home.
This Program is a new financing tool offered by the City of Toronto to help residents improve their home’s energy efficiency and save money. HELP offers low interest loans to qualifying homeowners who are interested in improving the energy and water efficiency of their home. Through HELP, the City will provide the funding required to complete the improvements and the homeowner will repay the City over time through installments on their property tax bill. Improvements include upgrading insulation and replacing old heating equipment with new energy-efficient products.
Steps to Get this Rebate:
1. Complete a Pre-Application Form. The City will confirm your eligibility and let you know the maximum funding amount available to you.
2. Book a home energy assessment with an Energy Advisor certified by Natural Resources Canada.
3. Determine project scope and source contractor quotations.
4. Complete a Funding Request Form.
5. Once the City has approved your funding request, you will be sent a Property Owner Agreement (POA) to sign, which is the funding agreement between the property owner(s) and the City. You must sign the POA and return it to the City.
6. Complete your home energy improvements.
7. Repay the loan over time via your property tax bill