up to $40,000
Who is Eligible:
First Nations and First Nation Members
Get part of the GST or HST back when you build or buy a new house, or substantially renovate your house.
The following projects qualify for the rebate:
- Building a home or contracting someone to build one
- Buying a newly constructed or substantially renovated home from a builder
- Buying a newly constructed house from a builder, where you lease the land from the builder under the same agreement to buy the house
- Substantially renovating a home or building a major addition to one. (?Substantially renovating? means removing or replacing 90% or more of the interior of an existing house.)
- Rebuilding a home destroyed by fire
- Buying a share of the capital stock in a newly constructed cooperative housing project
Note that houses above $450,000 in market value (after the renovations) do NOT qualify for this rebate.
When the Rebate Ends: