Province/Territory: British Columbia (South Central)
Rebate Amount: A one-time grant of $0.05 per kWh of reduced annual consumption (typically $200-400) or a reduced-interest loan up to $5,000
Get either a cash grant or a reduced-interest loan when you install a ground or air source heat pump in your home.
The cash grant is a one-time grant of $0.05 for each kilowatt-hour in reduced annual electricity consumption. The loan is available up to $5,000 at 4.9% interest and with a 10-year term.
This program requirements specify that:
- Electricity is your primary source of space heating.
- The GSHP will be installed in a residential dwelling.
- The GSHP system uses closed loop underground piping or open loop e.g. well, if water source is suitable.
- The system equipment design and installation meets Canadian Standards Association standards.
- The GSHP be installed by FortisBC registered contractor.
This program is not available to Fortis customers in Alberta.
Steps to Get This Rebate:
- Call the PowerSense hotline at 1-866-436-7847.
When the Rebate Ends:
For More Information:
Fortis Heat Pump Program website