Rebate Amount: Up to $800 per home
Get up to $800 in government rebates when you (1) replace your existing central air conditioner with an ENERGY STAR qualified central air system, (2) install an ENERGY STAR furnace or air handler, and (3) install a programmable thermostat. Rebates are also available for making each of these three improvements separately.
This rebate is available to Ontario residents with existing central heating and cooling systems. You must work with a registered contractor.
Rebates are available for:
- Replacing an existing Central Air Conditioning (CAC) system with one that meets or exceeds the ENERGY STAR® standard for CAC systems (up to $500),
- Installing an ENERGY STAR® qualified furnace or air handler with a fully variable speed electronically commutated motor (up to $250).
- Installing a programmable thermostat ($50).
Steps to Get This Rebate:
- Consult this page to make sure you are eligible for the program
- Find a registered contractor to install the equipment
- Complete the Program Checklist (get your contractor to help you). Make sure to include all model numbers of the equipment installed
- Make a copy of the invoice from your contractor
- Mail the original invoice and the Program Checklist to the Ontario Power Authority. Ask your contractor for the correct address.
When the Rebate Ends:
For More Information:
Cool Savings Rebate website