Rebate Amount: Up $550 in rebates
With 60% of your yearly electricity bill going toward heating and cooling your home, it makes good sense to look for ways to reduce your usage and your bills. Get up to $550 in rebates for replacing your heating and/or cooling system with more efficient models.
Rebates are available for residents and businesses (with residential-type systems) of Ontario who purchase and install their new central heating or cooling equipment through a participating contractor.
- $25 rebate when you replace your old non-programmable thermostat with one that is programmable and have it purchased and installed by a participating contractor.
- $125 rebate when you have an existing furnace replaced with the purchase and installation of a mid or high-efficiency furnace with an Electronically Commutated Motor (ECM).
- $250 rebate when you have an existing central air conditioner (CAC) replaced with the purchase and installation of an ENERGY STAR qualified CAC system, heat pump or ductless split system (NOTE: ENERGY STAR qualified criteria = minimum 14.5 SEER and 12 EER ).
- $400 rebate when you have an existing CAC replaced with the purchase and installation of a stand-alone CEE “Tier 2” level central air conditioning system or ground source heat pump.
(NOTE: “Tier 2” level qualified criteria = minimum 15 SEER and 12.5 EER ).
Steps to Get This Rebate:
- Consult this page to make sure you are eligible for the program
- Find a registered contractor to install the equipment
- Complete the Program Checklist (get your contractor to help you). Make sure to include all model numbers of the equipment installed
- .For full rebate submission details, please check the ‘Am I Eligible?‘ and ‘How to Claim your Rebate‘ sections.
When the Rebate Ends:
For More Information:
Cool Savings Rebate website